This is an easy drawing to get started with if you want to learn how to draw a cat.
- Drawing Paper
- Crayon or Colored Pencils
- Black Marker
- Easy Cat Drawing Printable PDF (see bottom of lesson)
A simple cat drawing can be drawn with some basic shapes. Hold your paper vertically and follow the steps carefully to draw this cat successfully.
Time Needed: 20 minutes
Draw an Oval Shape
Draw an oval. This will represent the head of the cat.
Erase part of oval and add triangular shaped ears.
Add a Body & Tail
Draw the left side of the cat’s body as shown.
Draw Legs & Feet
Now draw the legs down to the ground.
Draw Cat Face Features
Draw the cat’s eyes, mouth, whiskers and collar.
Darken the lines and add color to complete the cat.
Easy Cat Drawing PDF Download
Click the link below to view or download this drawing lesson. The PDF is a printable drawing lesson for an Easy Cat Drawing. The last page of the downloadable PDF includes a coloring book page with just the outlines and an extension exercise for prompting kids to get get creative!
3 Interesting Facts About Cats
- When a pet cat of an ancient Egyptian passed away the cat owners would shave off their eyebrows as a sign of mourning.
- Cats are faster than people. Cats can run up to 30 miles per hour while the fastest recorded human running speed has been only 27.5 miles per hour.
- Cats sleep a lot. On average the typical cat sleeps more than 14 hours per day. As a result cats spend more than half of their lives asleep!