Young artists will love learning how to create an easy cat drawing.
Kids will enjoy this simple step by step lesson for learning how to draw a cat. This easy cat instruction guide is perfect for fairly young children looking to learn how to draw.
All drawing steps are included here which make it fun and easy to follow! Plan for this drawing to require about 20 minutes, but the art-making process may actually take more time if a background is drawn as well.
Drawing is much more fun when you have a clear lesson to reference. Keep practicing!
- Drawing Paper
- Crayon or Colored Pencils
- Black Marker
- Easy Cat Drawing Printable PDF (see bottom of lesson)
In this article, we will start with a blank piece of paper and discover how to draw an easy cat drawing in no time. It makes sense to pay attention to the proportions of each part of the cat.
Time Needed: 20 minutes
Begin Drawing The Head
Draw an oval shape. This will represent the head of the cat.
Next Add Ears
Erase part of the oval and add triangular shaped ears.
Create The Body
Draw the left side of the cat’s body as shown.
Now draw the legs down to the ground.
Add Cat Face Features
Draw the cat’s eyes, mouth, whiskers and collar.
Complete With Color
Darken the lines and add color to complete the cat.
Easy Cat Drawing PDF Download
Click the link below to view or download this drawing lesson. The PDF is a printable drawing lesson for Easy Cat Drawing. The last page of the downloadable PDF includes a coloring book page with just the outlines and an extension exercise for prompting kids to get creative!
3 Interesting Facts About Cats
- When a pet cat of an ancient Egyptian passed away the cat owners would shave off their eyebrows as a sign of mourning.
- Cats are faster than people. Cats can run up to 30 miles per hour while the fastest recorded human running speed has been only 27.5 miles per hour.
- Cats sleep a lot. On average the typical cat sleeps more than 14 hours per day. As a result cats spend more than half of their lives asleep!