Learn how to create an easy to draw flowers.
Sharpen a pencil and follow along with these simple 6 drawing steps. You’ll learn the basics for drawing flowers.
This lesson only takes about 20 minutes and includes a pdf you can easily print or download. The pdf lesson even contains a “coloring book” page with just the line art. This accompanies well with crayons. It is perfect for very young kids looking for some extra guidance and are looking to color in flowers.
Trying to learn to draw is much more fun when you have a simple lesson to reference. Enjoy!
- Drawing Paper
- Crayon or Colored Pencils
- Black Marker
- Easy to Draw Flowers Printable PDF (see bottom of lesson)
This step by step lesson will instruct you how to draw flowers. We will pay attention to the shapes of each part and types of lines drawn ensuring that the artwork looks great.
Time Needed: 20 minutes
Draw Two Tulip Heads
Near the middle of the page, draw two tulip heads using lots of rounded lines.
Add Small Flowers
Using stretched out heart shapes and half circles, draw a few small flowers around the tulips.
Add Some More Flowers
Draw in some four-petaled flowers to fill in some space.
Draw The Stems
Draw the stems of all the flowers coming together near the bottom of the page.
Add Leaves And A Bow
Draw some leaves, and add a bow to finish this bouquet.
Add Some Color
These flowers can be any colors that you can think of.
Easy to Draw Flowers PDF Download
Click the link below to view or download this drawing lesson. The PDF is a printable drawing lesson for Easy to Draw Flowers. The last page of the downloadable PDF includes a coloring book page with just the outlines and an extension exercise for prompting kids to get creative!
Easy to Grow Flowers in Your Garden
Planting Flowers is Beneficial for Your Home & Garden
Plant flowers in your garden to help keep the insects away from your home. The flower petals emit a smell that can act as bug repellent to pests.
You can also use flowers and plants in your garden as natural borders for preventing stray dogs or cats from getting into your garden. On second thought, tell that to our dog… He sometimes tramples our flowers!
Types of Flowers You Can Plant
Planting flowers is a great way to give your home or garden a boost of color. There are many different types of flowers and flowering trees you can plant in your home or garden to make it more beautiful. Here are some of the different types of things you can plant:
- Trees and Shrubs
- Groundcovers and Perennials
Tips for Growing Flowers
Growing flowers is a great way to add color and life to your home as the weather gets warmer.
- Tip 1: The most popular flowers for growing are sunflowers, zinnias, and marigolds. These plants grow well in dry soil and can be planted either in a garden or on an empty lot. Their versatility makes them an easy flower to start with!
- Tip 2: If you are looking for annuals that will last all summer long then you should try planting geraniums, pansies, petunias, and impatiens.
- Tip 3: If you want a perennial flower that will last longer than one season then you should plant irises, day lilies, or bearded irises.