Let’s learn how to draw a dog face. Follow along with these six easy steps to create your own drawing!
- Drawing Paper
- Crayon or Colored Pencils
- Black Marker
- How to Draw a Dog Face Printable PDF (see bottom of lesson)
Drawing the face of a dog can be accomplished in these 6 steps. Keep it simple with just lines and simple shapes at first. Then you can add the eyes, nose and mouth… even a tongue! Dogs like to hang their tongue out of their mouth so you can draw that too Have fun adding your own color to the face of your dog drawing!
Time Needed: 20 minutes
Draw a Circle
The dog face can be drawn by starting with a circle.
Draw Dog Ears
Next add a pair of floppy dog ears.
Draw Mouth & Nose
Draw a mouth and a nose in the bottom half of the face.
Add a Dog Tongue
Erase part of the mouth and add a tongue.
Draw Two Eyes
Now draw dog eyes.
Finish with Color
Have fun finishing the drawing by coloring the dog face in.
Click the link below to view or download this drawing lesson. The PDF is a printable drawing lesson for How to Draw a Dog Face. The last page of the downloadable PDF includes a coloring book page with just the outlines and an extension exercise for prompting kids to get get creative!
Dog Face Fun Facts!
- A dog nose has as many as 300 million receptors in it. Compared to a human nose which has only around 5 million. Dogs really can smell way better than people!
- Have you ever noticed how you can pass a yawn onto another person? Well, this works with some dogs too! The sound of a human yawn can trigger one from a dog that you have a close relationship with.
- A dog has a unique print on their nose much like people have unique fingerprints.