How To Draw Cute Butterfly
Kids will enjoy learning how to draw cute butterfly in 6 simple steps.
Follow along with these clear 6 drawing steps. You will learn the basics for drawing a cute butterfly.
This lesson only takes about 20 minutes and has a PDF near the bottom of the lesson you can easily print or download. The pdf guide even contains a coloring book page with just the line art. This accompanies perfectly with crayons, colored pencils, or markers. It’s useful for very young children looking for some extra guidance and are looking to color in a cute butterfly.
Enjoy the process of learning how to draw cute butterfly. Go beyond the lesson…don’t forget to add some personal details. Let’s get started.
- Drawing Paper
- Crayons or Colored Pencils
- Black Marker (optional)
- How To Draw Cute Butterfly Printable PDF (see bottom of lesson)
By the end of this lesson we will complete a drawing of a cute butterfly by creating one part at a time. The drawing will take 6 steps in total as we continue to draw each section which will get us closer to the finished drawing. The finished drawing will be finalized with color making it a drawing you will want to share with friends!
Time Needed: 20 minutes
Start With The Head
Draw a small circle on the upper part of your paper.
Add A Cute Butterfly Face!
Then, complete the head drawing by drawing a circular pair of eyes, a smiling mouth, and some curvy antennae.
Draw The Body
Our cute butterfly has a chubby cylindrical body.
Add The First Set Of Wings
Next, add the right wings and all of the details inside each wing.
Draw The Remaining Wings
Add the remaining wings with the same details as step 4.
Complete Your Drawing
Now let us color in our cute butterfly using plenty of color!
How To Draw Cute Butterfly PDF Download
Click the link below to view or download this drawing lesson. The PDF is a printable drawing lesson for How To Draw Cute Butterfly. The last page of the downloadable PDF includes a coloring book page with just the outlines and an extension exercise for prompting kids to get creative!
Life Cycle of Butterfly
There are four stages to the life cycle of a butterfly:
- The cycle of a butterfly begins with the female butterfly depositing eggs on the underside of a plant leaf.
- These eggs then hatch into caterpillars which then feed off of the leaf the eggs were laid on.
- When this caterpillar matures, it will form a cocoon around itself. The cocoon then encloses itself into a pupa.
- After a few weeks, the butterfly will emerge out of the cocoon! There are a wide variety of butterflies out there! Some are big, some are small, some are colorful, some are plain! However, each butterfly goes through the life cycle just mentioned.